If you or someone you know is in danger or needs immediate help, call 911.
If you have experienced any form of discrimination, including sexual violence and sexual harassment, resources are available to you. Please see the Full List of Campus & Community Resources for more information.


Community Partners

Standing Together to End Sexual Assault (STESA)

Domestic Violence Solutions of Santa Barbara County (DVS)

Santa Barbara Transgender Advocacy Network


Government Resources

If you would prefer to file a complaint with an outside agency instead of, or in addition to, a complaint with the University, you can file a civil rights complaint with any of the following:


Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): The EEOC enforces federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information. 

Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP): The OFCCP ensures that contractors doing business with the federal government take affirmative action and do not discriminate.

US Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (DOE-OCR): The DOE-OCR ensures equal access to education and promotes educational excellence through vigorous enforcement of civil rights. The OCR serves student populations facing discrimination and the advocates and institutions promoting systemic solutions to civil rights problems.

US Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (HHS-OCR): The HHS-OCR enforces federal civil rights laws, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules, and the Patient Safety Act and Rule, which together protect the fundamental rights of nondiscrimination and health information privacy at covered entities. Reports may be filed against a clinician, facility, or institution, see details below:

It's On Us: Take the pledge and make a personal commitment to help keep people safe from sexual assault.



California Department of Consumer Affairs
Reports may be filed against any California-licensed health professional, including physicians, nurses, psychologists, and others, at https://www.dca.ca.gov/consumers/complaints/consumer.shtml.

California Civil Rights Department will investigate a failure by an employer to comply with sexual harassment prevention training and education requirements, and incidents of discrimination in employment, housing, businesses, and other services.

  • File a complaint electronically: https://calcivilrights.ca.gov/
  • File a complaint by mail: 2218 Kausen Drive, Suite 100; Elk Grove, CA 95758
  • File a complaint by phone: 800-884-1684 (voice), 800-700-2320 (TTY) or California’s Relay Service at 711

California Department of Public Health’s Center for Health Care Quality (CHCQ) The CHCQ Licensing and Certification Program at the California Department of Public Health has regulatory oversight of licensed and certified health care facilities and of certain types of health care professionals. CHCQ also investigates consumer complaints against the facilities and professionals within its purview.

Medical Board of California: Reports may be filed against any California-licensed physician or midwife at www.dca.ca.gov/consumers/complaints/medbd.shtml.